Aberystwyth University Application 2023/2024
Aberystwyth University Application 2023/2024
The Aberystwyth University application for the year 2023-2024 is currently open to freshmen applicants, international applicants, returning students, transfer students and transients students to apply to gain admission into the University. All applicants applying for admission must meet the English language entry requirements for their chosen programmes in order to study at Aberystwyth University. You will need to provide evidence of your English language ability as part of the application assessment process.
Applicants applying for the spring semester of 2023 are to apply before the application deadline which is on 15 January. Aberystwyth University offers an undergraduate and postgraduate program. The university offers a range of courses which are designed to give students as much choice and flexibility as possible. Accounting & Finance, Agriculture, Animal & Aquatic Sciences, Art & Photography, Biochemistry & Genetics, Biosciences, Business & Management, Computer Science, Drama & Theatre are some of the main courses offered.
It is the mission of the university to deliver inspirational education and research in a supportive, creative and exceptional environment in Wales and the world as a whole. Building on its historical strengths and reputation for excellence, Aberystwyth contributes to society in Wales and the wider world by applying its knowledge to local and global challenges. Applicants are encouraged to apply for postgraduate study as early as possible, and in good time in order to ensure that they are in a position to meet the conditions of any offer made, complete the admissions process, and register for study ahead of the course start date.
Aberystwyth University Application Date 2023/2024
Aberystwyth University will accept applications for undergraduate and postgraduate study throughout the year, providing that applicants meet the required entry requirements for their chosen scheme and that there are still places available. The following are the important dates for Aberystwyth University for 2023-2024:
- The fall semester application deadline is 30 June
- The spring semester application deadline is 15 January
Other Important Dates For Aberystwyth University:
Applicants are encouraged to apply for postgraduate study as early as possible, and in good time in order to ensure that they are in a position to meet the conditions of any offer made, complete the admissions process, and register for study ahead of the course start date.
International applicants should also be aware of the deposit deadline and CAS issuing a deadline for their proposed course. These will be detailed, as relevant, in any offer letter that you receive.
- Applicants for Research Degrees (PhD, MPhil) should be aware of any deadlines in relation to potential funding which may apply in their case. Such applicants should aim to apply for study before the end of January in order to be considered for a fully funded place.
- Applicants who intend to bring their family should generally apply before the end of February.
Distance Learning application deadlines are two months prior to the relevant course start date.
Postgraduate Course Start Dates:
- Most taught programmes commence at the end of September. A January intake point is available for those looking to study an MBA course.
Distance Learning programmes in the Department of Information Studies:
- MA in Archives and Records Management – April and September
- MA in Information and Library Studies – April and September
- MA in Digital Information and Media Management – April and September
- Distance Learning programmes in the Department of Law and Criminology commence in February and October.
- Research degrees (PhD, MPhil, LLM by Research) can commence end of September (Semester 1) and in late January/early February (Semester 2) for a full-time research study. Part-time research students (not resident in Aberystwyth) may begin their studies on the first day of any month of the year, subject to the approval of the relevant academic department and Graduate School.
- Applicants for research programmes should look to make their applications as early as possible, and most applicants will make their applications in the period between November and January.
The following are the postgraduate courses offered at Aberystwyth University:
- Advanced Computer Science (MSc, 1 year)
- Advanced Computer Science (MSc, 2 years)
- Advanced Computer Science (with integrated industrial placement) (MSc, 2 years)
- Advanced Computer Science (with integrated year in industry) (MSc, 2 years)
- Advanced Computer Science (with integrated year in industry) (MSc, 3 years)
- Advanced Media Production (MSc, 5 years)
- Agrifood Innovation (MSc, 5 years)
- Animal Science (MSc, 1 year)
- Artificial Intelligence (MSc, 1 year)
- Archives and Records Management (MA, 1 year)
- Archives and Records Management (MA, 5 years)
- Archives and Records Management (MA, 2 years)
- Art History (MA, 1 year)
- Biochemistry (BSc, 3 years)
- Biochemistry (with integrated year in industry) (BSc, 4 years)
- Biology (BSc, 3 years)
- Biology (BSc, 4 years)
- Biology (with integrated year in industry) (BSc, 4 years)
- Biology and Climate Change (BSc, 3 years)
For Full lists of Courses Offered Click HERE
Aberystwyth University Undergraduate Courses Offered
At Aberystwyth, they offer various foundation degrees, single honours, joint honours, major/minor degree combinations and integrated Masters across our subject areas. Each degree is made up of a package of modules – topics within the subject. Core modules are ones you must study as part of the course. You can then choose from a set of optional modules. Generally, there are six types of degrees available to you at Aberystwyth:
- Bachelor’s of Single Honours Degree
- Bachelors of Single Honours with Foundation Year
- Foundation Degrees
- Bachelors Joint Honours Degree
- Bachelors Major/Minor Honours degree
- Integrated Masters Degree
Other Undergraduate Courses Include the following:
- Accounting and Finance (BSc, 3 years)
- Accounting and Finance (BSc, 4 years)
- Adventure Tourism Management (BSc, 3 years)
- Agriculture (BSc, 3 years)
- Agriculture (with integrated year in industry) (BSc, 4 years)
- Agriculture with Animal Science (BSc, 3 years)
- Agriculture with Animal Science (with integrated year in industry) (BSc, 4 years)
- Agriculture with Business Management (BSc, 3 years)
- Agriculture with Business Management (with integrated year in industry) (BSc, 4 years)
- Animal Behaviour (BSc, 4 years)
- Animal Behaviour (BSc, 3 years)
- Animal Behaviour (with integrated year in industry) (BSc, 4 years)
- Animal Science (BSc, 3 years)
- Animal Science (with integrated year in industry) (BSc, 4 years)
- Applied Mathematics / Pure Mathematics (BSc, 3 years)
- Art History (BA, 3 years)
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (BSc, 3 years)
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (with integrated year in industry) (BSc, 4 years)
- Astrophysics (BSc, 3 years)
- Astrophysics (BSc, 4 years)
Click HERE For The Full List Of Undergraduate Courses
Aberystwyth University Postgraduate Application Requirements For 2023/2024
If you are applying for a postgraduate course at the Aberystwyth University for the 2023 study year, you will need to provide the following documents:
English Language Requirements:
International and EU applicants are required to satisfy the specific English language entry requirement of their chosen course before they will be formally accepted to commence their studies. Please note that the International English Centre offers English language courses that could help you achieve the English language requirement for your chosen postgraduate course.
All students who require a Student Visa must demonstrate that they satisfy the University’s English language requirements as outlined on this page. The following qualifications and tests listed below, when passed at the required level, are accepted by the University and are considered to satisfy a minimum of Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 level in each component (speaking, writing, listening and reading). This is the minimum level acceptable for degree-level study in order to secure entry to the UK with a Student Visa.
Please note that the results of English language tests are only valid for a maximum of two years. Applicants who have been awarded a degree (i.e. Bachelor’s or Master’s) from a majority English-speaking Country (e.g UK) do not need to take an additional English language proficiency test. Online study does not apply.
Required Documents That Applicants Needs To Submit:
As part of the online application for postgraduate study, applicants should upload documents in support of their application. Aberystwyth University recommends that the following information and documents are provided during the application process:
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts
- All applicants are encouraged to submit an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with their application
- Personal statement
- Reference(s)/details of the referee(s) must be supplied for each application.
- International applicants are required to demonstrate satisfactory English language proficiency at the required level for their chosen course
- Applicants for postgraduate research courses (PhD, MPhil and DProf) are required to provide a research proposal or details of a published project for which they wish to apply.
- Further supplementary documents. Applicants for courses in the School of Art and the Department of English and Creative Writing are required to provide a portfolio of examples of previous work for consideration.
Aberystwyth University Undergraduate Application Requirements For 2023/2024
For every course offered at Aberystwyth University, there are entry requirements attached to them. This is to ensure that applicants have the right skills and knowledge to successfully complete the course. The entry requirements vary widely depending on the subject and/or the specific course. If you are taking a mixture of qualifications which are included in the UCAS tariff, the University will make you UCAS tariff points offer. The list below details the qualifications that are accepted:
- A Level
- AS level qualification
- Welsh Baccalaureate
- International Baccalaureate
- European Baccalaureate
- Vocational Qualifications (BTEC National Qualifications, BTEC Higher National Diplomas or Certificates. Other recognised professional qualifications will also be seriously considered e.g. Chartered Institute of Bankers, Institute of Legal Executives)
- HND/ Foundation degree
- Access qualification.
Aberystwyth University Undergraduate Application Process 2023/2024
Before applying through UCAS.com, you will need to register. You will do this at your school or college and you will need to ask your teacher or career advisor for your username and temporary password and most importantly the buzzword. If you’re not attending a school or college, don’t worry, you can self-register yourself. Below are the steps that you need to take when completing the online UCAS application form:
Applicants Are To Do The Necessary Research:
- Enquire through the list of courses and choose the one that appeals to you. Make sure that you save the course that you like using the heart button on the online UCAS course search. This will keep all your liked searches in one stored area.
Fill In By Putting Your Personal Informations Into the Blank Spaces:
Aberystwyth recommends that you start completing your profile around late June or the beginning of July. This helps you to get the boring part of the application out of the way and it will be ready for you to start applying. There are five sections that you will need to fill in which are:
- Personal information (eg school details, support needs etc.);
- Qualifications (you can add any subjects that you are working towards or have completed already);
- Work history (if you have any work experience or currently have a part-time job you can add it);
- Personal statement (a chance to say a bit about yourself);
- Contact details (you can add your contact details eg mobile number and email and keep them up-to-date throughout the application process).
Remember, you must save these sections once you have completed them, otherwise, the information that you have inputted will be lost and you will have to start again.
Applicant Should Apply For Financial Aid If Needed To Them (UK & EU Applicants)
- As the application process moves smoothly, this page might appear if you have answered certain questions from the above category. UCAS doesn’t organise your student finance, but if you need financial support at the University of Aberystwyth (tuition fee loan, maintenance grant/ loan), you can give UCAS permission to share your information with the relevant student finance company. This helps speed up the process of applying for and awarding your student finance.
Provide A Personal Statement:
- The Personal statement is one of the most important elements of your UCAS application, it will be best advised to read the dedicated page that will help you to nail the personal statement. Furthermore, the University of Aberystwyth offers fantastic departmental advice from all our subject tutors on how to go about completing your personal statement specific to that subject area.
Select Five Courses Of Choice:
Read Through Your Application:
Ask For A Reference Anf Pay Your Fees:
- Your application will require a reference from either your teacher, adviser or a professional who knows you academically or professionally. Everybody who applies will require a reference unless you get permission from your chosen university or college.
- If you’re applying to just one university or college the fee will be £13.00. If you’re applying for multiple courses (up to 5) the fee is £24.00. All late applications (after June 30th) are subjected to a £24.00 fee.
Aberystwyth University Postgraduate Application Process 2023/2024
Follow the following process to apply for postgraduate courses at Aberystwyth University:
Before You Apply:
Before applicants start their application process for a postgraduate course, take note of the following requirements:
- English Language Requirements
- Essential Documents You Must Submit
- Essential References
- Additional Information for Research Applicants
- Important Dates
Data Protection Information:
- This statement explains how the Academic Registry of Aberystwyth University handles and uses your personal information (i.e. any information which relates to or identifies you as an individual) during the admissions and enrolment processes. Further information on the Academic Registry can be found at: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/aqro/applicants/.
Applicants are to Submit Their Applications Online:
Applications for postgraduate study should be made online via the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal. Full-Time, Part-Time and Distance Learning Programmes can be applied using the online method. Follow the process below To apply:
- Firstly visit our Course Pages and find the details of the course for which you wish to apply.
- Once you have found your chosen Course Page, select the “Apply Now” button to start your application.
- The Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal will ask you to provide us with your personal details
- Confirm your course selection(s)
- Upload documents in support of your application.
- Upload all supporting documents saved in PDF format
Note: If you cannot find the specific course for which you wish to apply, or have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Postgraduate Admissions Office (email@example.com) for further advice.
After Submitting Your Application:
On submission of your application, you will receive an email confirming that it has been received. The University will then review your application and any supporting documents submitted, and decide whether or not it is in a position to offer you a place to study.
Contact Aberystwyth University
- T: +44 (0)1970 622900
- Aberystwyth University, Reception, Penglais,
- Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3FL
At Aberystwyth University, they offer a range of generous scholarships and bursaries giving students financial support while they study. Students are eligible for multiple awards meaning that they could be awarded over £20,000. Visit The Official Website Of Aberystwyth University For More Details.