Birmingham City University Postgraduate Application 2023/2024
Birmingham City University Postgraduate Courses Application 2023/2024
This article has provided the step by step guide covering all you need to know to apply for a postgraduate course at Birmingham City University for the 2023/2024 academic year. Unlike undergraduate degrees where you will apply via UCAS, you can apply straight to the University for a postgraduate degree almost like a job application. However, there are a few exceptions to this that will require you to apply through a slightly different process.
Applicants applying for postgraduate courses at BCU are expected to provide scanned copies of their prior education certificates (if you have not yet graduated their referee will need to provide your predicted grade), two references (one academic and one employer) and a personal statement.
Once you’ve found the course you’d like to apply for, it’s important that you make sure you have or are aiming to meet the entry requirements for that course, which can include both academic and non-academic elements. For you to succeed with your studies, you need to be able to demonstrate that you’re capable of coping with the rigours of studying at the level you’re applying for. Some subjects may require a certain level of knowledge of that subject or related ones, or you may need appropriate experience in a particular discipline or area.
All courses are taught and assessed entirely in English. Therefore, if your first language is not English, you will need to demonstrate appropriate proficiency. If you need to improve your English before beginning your studies, you may be able to take one of our pre-sessional English courses.
The university offers Foundation programmes, Undergraduate programmes, Postgraduate programmes, Part-time programmes, Studying abroad and Integrated Masters’s.
Birmingham City University Postgraduate Application Deadline 2023/2024
There are no official deadlines for most postgraduate courses, but do make sure you apply well before the start date of your chosen course – you can find this on the course page. Some courses – including MSc Social Work, MSc Dietetics, MSc Speech and Language Therapy and MSc Physiotherapy do have an application deadline. Where this is the case, details can be found on the course page.
Prospective learners applying for programmes at the BCU are to take note of the following deadlines:
- UCAS deadline for 2023 entry for all Undergraduate courses (except those with a 15 Oct deadline) is 25 Jan 2023
- Applicant Taster Days or portfolio review date is Feb to Apr 2023
- Applicants are to Start applying for accommodation by Mar 2023
- Open Day at the BirminghamCity University is 25 Mar 2023
- Apply for Student Finance to avoid any late payments by May 2023
- UCAS exhibitions across the country throughout the year – it’ll be at the Birmingham event on 26 – 27 June.
- 24 Jun 2023 Is Open Day in June to see what’s on offer at BCU
- The last date to apply in UCAS Extra for the 2023 entry is 4 Jul 2023
- By 5 Jul 2023, You can still apply for 2023 entry through Clearing it officially opens through UCAS on 5 July, though you can apply directly with us from 1 July
- The accommodation Application Deadline for UK applicants is Jul 2023
- By 17 Aug 2023, applicants will start receiving results
- The Clearing hotline will be open to assist with any queries on the 17 – 25 Aug 2023
- EU / International students application for accommodation! Your last chance to guarantee a room is Aug 2023
- September Application: If you are joining BCU in September then keep an eye out for information on Welcome Week
Birmingham City University Postgraduate Courses Offered
Birmingham City University offers both postgraduate taught courses and postgraduate research courses. Check the list below:
Postgraduate Taught Programmes:
- Accounting and Finance
- Accounting and Finance
- Accounting and Finance (Masters Stage) – UK Campus
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Advanced Computer Science
- Advancing Diabetes Care
- Advancing Practice in Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Applied Child Psychology
- Architectural Practice (RIBA Part 3 Exemption)
- Art and Design: Interdisciplinary Practices
For The full list of postgraduate Taught Programmes Click Here.
Postgraduate Research Programmes:
- Art and Design
- Built Environment Research Degrees
- Business Research Degrees
- Computing Research Degrees
- Conservatoire Research Degrees
- Digital Media Technology Research Degrees
- Doctorate of Business Administration (Part-Time)
- Engineering Research Degrees
- English Research Degrees
- Media and Cultural Studies
- Professional Doctorate in Education
- Professional Doctorate in Health Practice – DHealth
- Social Sciences
Click Here For More Postgraduate Research Courses.
Birmingham City University Postgraduate Courses Application Requirements For 2023/2024
To apply for a postgraduate course at Birmingham City University for the year 2023, you need the following:
- you will need scanned copies of your prior education certificates,
- two references (one academic and one employer), and
- a personal statement.
Requirements For International Applicants:
BCU accepts a wide variety of international qualifications. If you’re not sure about which course you’d like to study or have any questions about what is offered, please contact the International team on 0121 331 5389 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competence in English requirements
- If you’re a non-EU international student from a country where the vast majority of people are not English-speaking, you’re usually required to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT).
- If you’re planning to study a course which is below degree level, you must take a SELT with one of UK Visas and Immigration’s (UKVI) approved English language test providers, unless we have already accepted your high school qualification.
Applicants aged under 18
- If you’re going to be aged under 18 at the start of your course: BCU must have your parent or legal guardian’s written consent, giving permission for you to travel and live independently in the UK.
Applicants are to follow the step to step points published below to apply for postgraduate courses:
1. Find your course
- Hopefully, you’ll have completed all your research and found the course you want to apply for. So you can just go straight to the course page and begin your application.
2. Check the entry requirements
- Be sure to double-check you meet the entry requirements for the course. It’s also important to make sure that you have included the relevant information in your personal statement to show the tutor why you’re an ideal candidate.
3. Prepare your documents
- Make sure you have your scanned certificates and references ready so that you can complete your application in full.
- If you haven’t completed your undergraduate degree yet, you can still submit an application – a conditional offer could be given, based on you achieving the required result.
4. Apply directly online
- Click on the apply now button on the course page.
- You will be allowed to create an account on the MySRS portal (or the relevant external portal), to complete your application. This is very similar to a job application.
- Provide your education history and your employment history. For creative programmes, BCU may follow up with a request for a portfolio and/or interview from you.
5. Hit submit
- Once you’re convinced with your application and provided the necessary information, you’ll be prompted to digitally sign an application declaration and then you just hit submit
- You will get an email from us confirming that we have received your application. If you don’t feel quite ready to submit yet, you can save your application and review it at a later date. BCU do advise that you complete your application as early as, as popular courses can fill up very quickly.
6. Receive an offer
- Once you’ve submitted your application it is sent to the admissions team and they will then contact the relevant tutor to review your application. Some courses will require an interview/audition or another assessment method before a decision can be made and our admissions team will be in touch if you are successful in this next stage.
- Once all of this is complete the admissions team will process your offer. You will receive your offer via email which can then also be seen through the MySRS portal. Once you have received this you will have the option to accept your offer in the MySRS portal and then we’ll be able to guide you through the next steps.
Contact Us Birmingham City University
- University House
- 15 Bartholomew Row
- B5 5JU
- United Kingdom
- +44 (0)121 331 5000
Take advantage of the government’s plans to make loans of up to £11,570 available for postgraduate study. The loans are available for any subject and are a contribution to costs including fees and living costs. Visit the official website For More Details. Information on current scholarships and bursaries is available. If you are an international student, information on scholarships and bursaries can be found here. Visit the official Website of BCU for more details.
Other Related Posts: