Cardiff Metropolitan University Postgraduate Application 2023/2024
Cardiff Metropolitan University Postgraduate Courses Application 2023/2024
Cardiff Metropolitan University pride itself on having a strong reputation in applied postgraduate research and active engagement with business and industry and offer first-class postgraduate taught courses and unique research opportunities across its five academic schools. For entry into the programmes offered at Cardiff Met, applicants should normally have Level 3 qualifications.
With academics engaged in the industry and research, the programmes are oriented toward practice-focused and professionally recognised education, ensuring high impact by meeting industry needs and influencing governmental bodies, organisations, and networks across the subjects.
At the postgraduate level, Cardiff is often preparing students for careers in research or professional practice. The programmes are designed to help students set off on their own career paths. The relatively small group sizes enable real discussion and skill development, allowing for the needs of students to be met.
The University accepts a range of different qualifications and will consider a variety of different combinations. Specific information on entry requirements can be found on the course pages. Students from the EU and further afield will need a qualification acceptable to the University that will indicate their ability to study through the medium English Language to be able to successfully complete their chosen course. The University will require students whose first language isn’t English to meet course-specific English Language criteria such as IELTS.
Cardiff Metropolitan University Postgraduate Application Deadline 2023/2024
September intake Date:
- All postgraduate courses have an intake starting in September
January Intake 2023
- Applications open 1st August 2022
- A number of the Postgraduate Courses at Cardiff School of Management, Technology, and Sport and Health Sciences, run an intake starting in January. You can apply for these courses in the same way you apply for all of our Postgraduate Courses.
- Courses will run subject to numbers and due to the popularity of some, there will be a limit on the number of places available. Cardiff Met, therefore, encourages early applications and acceptance wherever possible.
Postgraduate Courses Offered At Cardiff Metropolitan University
Cardiff Metropolitan University offers a wide range of taught postgraduate programmes across its five academic schools. A full list of these can be found below:
- Accounting & Finance – MSc
- Advanced Computer Science – MSc/PgD/PgC
- Advanced Computer Security – MSc/PgD/PgC
- Advanced Practice (with specialist pathways) – MSc/PgD/PgC
- Advanced Youth and Community Practice – MA/PgD/PgC
- Applied Public Health – MSc/PgD/PgC
- Architecture – MArch/PgD/PgC
- Banking & Finance – MSc
- Biomedical Science – MSc/PgD/PgC
- Master of Research (Biomedical Sciences) – MRes/PgC
- Ceramics & Maker – MA/PgD/PgC
- Creative Enterprise and Innovation – MA/PgD/PgC
- Creative Writing – MA/PgD/PgC
- English Literature & Creative Writing – MA/PgD/PgC
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management – MSc/PgD/PgC
- Events Project Management – MSc/PgD/PgC
- Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Click Here for a Full List Of Postgraduate Taught Courses.
Cardiff Metropolitan University Application Requirements For International Students 2023/2024
Entry requirements differ from course to course. The University values both work experience and academic qualifications and will consider students from a wide range of academic backgrounds. You may also need to undertake an English qualification before being admitted to a course:
In order for us to assess your application, it is very important to provide us with as much information about your academic qualifications as possible. Therefore, you will also need to submit the following documents with your application:
- Photocopies of your exam certificates and transcripts
- Statement of Purpose/ personal statement
- English language certificate or NARIC Statement of Comparability
- 1 educational reference (2 employer references are required for offers based on work experience)
- Evidence of sponsorship – if an applicable copy of your portfolio which should include 10-20 clear and informative slides or photographs on a CD ROM or through an appropriate online resource such as Flickr
- Sports courses only – evidence of personal sporting achievements
- The English language requirements needed to study at Cardiff Metropolitan University will vary depending on your level of study. Research degrees i.e. MPhil, PhD, Professional Doctorate and Taught Doctorate require IELTS 6.5 with 6.5 in reading and writing or the equivalent in a UKVI-recognised English Language test.
- The minimum entry requirements to study for an MPhil or PhD is a first or upper-second-class honours undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution, or a postgraduate qualification deemed by Cardiff Met to be equivalent to this level.
- The minimum entry requirement for a Professional Doctorate is a taught Postgraduate Diploma or the equivalent of one year of full-time supervised postgraduate work in a related subject field.
Cardiff Metropolitan University Postgraduate Application Process 2023/2024
The University welcomes applications from students with qualifications from a wide range of academic backgrounds and those with relevant work experience. Cardiff Met offers first-class taught courses and unique research opportunities across our academic schools. Our courses are career orientated and have been designed in conjunction with business and industry. Follow the process below to will guide you to apply for a postgraduate course at Cardiff Met:
- For International Undergraduate applicants, Cardiff Met will accept applications made using the University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS),
- Current students, please visit this page to make an application.
- For Postgraduate applications to the Cardiff School of Art and Design, as well as completing the above application process, you will also need to complete the supporting online form.
A confirmation email will be sent to you upon receipt of your application. A decision on your application should be received by email within 21 working days.
Contact Details Of Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Llandaff Campus,
- Western Avenue,
- CF5 2YB .
- Tel: 029 2041 6070.
Professional Doctorates combine a taught component with the production of a thesis of up to 60,000 words and a portfolio of professional development. The suite of Professional Doctorates offered at Cardiff Met is wide-ranging and encompasses research interests from across the institution. Visit The Official Website Of Cardiff Metropolitan University For More Details.