Abertay University Postgraduate Application 2023/2024
Abertay University Postgraduate Application Deadline 2023/2024
Applicants who have the qualification to enrol in a postgraduate course at the University of Abertay are warmly welcome to apply for the 2023-2024 academic year. The postgraduate course at Abertay University is divided into two which are postgraduate taught and postgraduate research. Applications for postgraduate taught courses are made directly to the University for all applicants. There is no charge to apply for a taught postgraduate (Master) degree online. Choose the degree you want to study from the course list and follow the process to apply.
Abertay welcomes applications from prospective research students for Research Degrees in a range of subject or interdisciplinary areas and on topics across different Divisions. If you will like to join the Abertay Online Postgraduate studies for the Evening, then you are informed that the applications will be open on Wednesday 7 December.
Applicants are to submit their applications to Abertay University before the application deadline for 2023. All documents that are requested by the Univesity are to be uploaded together with application forms to authenticate your application. If the University does not receive your requirement after the given date, the University cannot process your application.
Abertay University Postgraduate Application Deadline 2023/2024
Abertay offers three dates for research study – October, February and June of each year. Unless otherwise stated, deadlines for submitting a full application are:
- Applications for October entry by 31 August (if you need a Tier 4 visa then the deadline is 31 July)
- Applications for February entry by 15 December (if you need a Tier 4 visa then the deadline is 30 November)
- Applications for June entry by 30 April (if you need a Tier 4 visa then the deadline is 31 March)
Applications to study abroad during the 2023/2024 academic year will open in November. The deadline for all applications (Full Year, Autumn Semester and Spring semester) will be February 17th 2023. To go abroad in September 2023, the deadline is 17 February 2023.
Postgraduate Taught Courses Offered At Abertay University
The list below is the postgraduate Taught courses for more details:
- Accounting and Finance (CIMA Gateway) MSc
- Applied Artificial Intelligence & User Experience MSc
- Civil Engineering MSc
- Computer Games Technology MSc/PGDip
- Construction and Project Management MSc
- Construction Management MSc
- Counselling MSc
- Digital Marketing and e-Business MSc
- Environment and Business MSc
- Environment and Energy MSc
- Ethical Hacking and Cybersecurity MSc/PGDip
- Professional Masters in Games Development MProf
- Water and Environmental Management MSc
For The Full List OF Courses Click HERE
Postgraduate Research Courses Offered At Abertay University
Abertay is a compact and focused university with a reputation for working effectively across traditional research boundaries. They are committed to research that delivers real impact for society. Its researchers are solving complex real-world problems, looking at areas including:
- Environmental research into sustainable businesses
- Using technology to improve cancer drug discovery and secure our identities online
- Understanding the psychology behind the witness testimony of crime victims
- Using computer games as investigative tools
The list below is the postgraduate research courses for more details:
- Accounting and Finance (OGAF)
- Anaerobic digestion, biogas & technology
- Analytical, sensory and consumer science
- Antimicrobial Resistance
- Applied Games
- Behaviour Psychology
- Business and Management
- Cognitive Psychology and Vision Science
- Computer Arts
- Computer Games Development and Technology
- Data Science and Systems Modelling
- Duty of Care in Sport
- Evolutionary Psychology and Relationship Science
- Fingerprints and Forensic Mark Visualisation
- Food & Drink Science & Technology MSc by Research, MPhil, PhD
- Forensic Psychology, Crime Scene Evidence and P…
Abertay University Postgraduate Entry Requirements For Application 2023/2024
The minimum entry requirement is an Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent) at the undergraduate level in an appropriate discipline and/or a Master’s degree. In some cases, appropriate professional or experiential learning may be considered in combination with a lower classification of an Honours degree.
English language requirements
Abertay accept an undergraduate or postgraduate degree that has been taught and assessed in a majority English-speaking country, as defined by UK Visas and Immigration:
- UKVI list of majority English-speaking countries
For candidates whose first language is not English or whose undergraduate/Master’s degree was not awarded from a University from a UKVI designated English Speaking country, you are required to show evidence of one of the following qualifications:
- IELTS Academic: total 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component.
- TOEFL-iBT (including Home Edition): total 92 with at least 20 in each component. We do not accept TOEFL “My Best Score” to meet our English language requirements.
- CAE and CPE: total 176 with at least 169 in each component.
- Trinity ISE: ISE II with distinctions in all four components.
- PTE Academic: 62 overall with at least 59 in each component.
- NECO English at B (4)
- WAEC English at B (4)
If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country, then your degree must be no more than three and a half years old at the beginning of your programme of study unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL, Trinity ISE or PTE, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
Abertay offers three entry dates for research study – October, February and June of each year. Unless otherwise stated, deadlines for submitting a full application are:
- Applications for October entry by 31 August (if you need a Student Visa then the deadline is 31 July)
- Applications for February entry by 15 December (if you need a Student Visa then the deadline is 30 November)
- Applications for June entry by 30 April (if you need a Student Visavisa then the deadline is 31 March)
An applicant can apply to defer from one entry point to another on one occasion; however, subsequent requests must be supported by an additional full application.
- Bell Street, Dundee
- DD1 1HG
- Tel: +44 (0)1382 308 000
The official deadline for applying for an undergraduate degree course is 26 January 2023. Abertay University may accept applications from international students after the 26 January deadline. However, Abertay encourages you to apply sooner as you’ll need time to arrange your visa and accommodation. Visit The official website of Abertay University For More Details.