Bangor University Undergraduate Application 2023/2024
Bangor University Undergraduate Courses Application 2023/2024
Bangor University advises all applicants to apply as early as they can as the university will start considering applications and making offers straight away. For 2023 entry, the initial UCAS deadline is Wednesday, 25 January 2023, however, Bangor welcomes applications after this date. Those received between 26 January and 30 June will continue to be forwarded to universities by UCAS and will receive consideration where places are still available.
As expected from a university that places great emphasis on student support, Bangor is keen on offering extra help to students. Bangor University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships to new and returning students. For new students, these include Merit Scholarships for those who excel in the annual Entrance Scholarships. For those from the UK (excluding Wales – please see information about Money Support) the Bangor Bursary means you could receive extra financial help over the duration of a three-year course.
For applicants applying for entry onto the first year of our 3 or 4-year undergraduate / Bachelor degree programmes, Bangor asks for a school leaving qualification which is equivalent to the British school leaving qualification, (A-levels / International Baccalaureate).
Bangor University Undergraduate Application Deadline 2023/2024
Applicants willing to apply for the 2023 academic year must apply as early as possible. The application deadline for Bangor University is 25th January 2023. If there are still spaces available after the application deadline, those who submitted their application between 26th January and 30th June may be considered.
Bangor University Undergraduate Late Application Deadline 2023/2024
If, at a very late stage (July-September), you’ve decided that Bangor University is your ideal place to study but you haven’t applied through UCAS, don’t worry. Although Bangor recommends that you should send your applications as early as possible, they are willing to consider late applications for Undergraduate courses.
Bangor University Undergraduate Courses
The university offers undergraduate courses in Arts, Humanities and Business, Environmental Sciences and Engineering and Human Sciences. Check the list below to choose an undergraduate course:
- Childhood and Youth Studies
- Dental Hygiene
- Graduate Entry Medicine
- Health and Social Care
- Medical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Drama, Theatre and Performance
- English Language
- English Literature
- The film, Media and Journalism
Bangor University Undergraduate Application Requirements 2023/2024
All international applicants must meet both the English language requirement AND the Academic entry requirements listed below:
Academic Entry Requirements For Undergraduate Courses
International Year Zero
- If your school-leaving qualification means you do not qualify for direct entry to the undergraduate programmes then the Univerity is able to consider you for entry into one of our 4-year International Incorporated Bachelor degree (IIB) programmes, the first year or Year Zero is delivered at Bangor University International College* (BUIC).
Undergraduate Courses – direct entry to 1st year
- For entry into the first year of our 3 or 4-year undergraduate / Bachelor degree programmes, Bangor asks for a school leaving qualification which is equivalent to the British school leaving qualification, (A-levels / International Baccalaureate).
Undergraduate Courses – direct entry to 2nd year
- It is possible to transfer into the 2nd year of an undergraduate degree programme at Bangor University, if the studies undertaken at any other university (UK or overseas), correspond by level and content to the 1st year of a programme at Bangor University. In order to assess an application for transfer, students are required to provide an official certified transcript detailing the study undertaken to date with their application.
Undergraduate Courses – mature students with industry experience
- University may also recognise the relevant professional experience of 2 years or longer for entry into our degree programmes. We strongly advise all such applicants to submit an online application which MUST be accompanied by documents like Employer references and a Detailed CV so that the admission office can consider your candidature for the course you applied for.
Also Read: UCAS Application Deadline 2023-2024
Bangor University English Language Requirements For Undergraduate Applicants
The below specifies the IELTS score (and equivalent scores in other acceptable English tests) required to enter programmes within the University’s Academic Schools. The level required will vary according to the course and level of study.
Also, scores lower than the IELTS 6.0 equivalent in any of these non-SELT and Online test scores will also be recognized for entry into the Online Pre-Sessional English courses. Candidates may consider gaining entry into the UK to study a pre-sessional English programme by means of a student visitor visa.
- Bangor Business School – 6.0 (5.5)
- Biological Sciences -6.0 (5.5)
- Computer Science – 6.0 (5.5)
- Creative Studies & Media – 6.0 (5.5)
- Education – 6.0 (5.5)
- – QTS programmes – 7.0 (6.5)
- Electronic Engineering – 6.0 (5.5)
- English Literature / Creative Writing
(some combined subjects may only require)6.5 (6.0),6.0 (5.5)
- Environment, Natural Resources & Geography 6.0 (5.5)
The process below will guide Bangor University applicants in Filling in their UCAS Undergraduate application:
- Register with UCAS
- Complete your details
- Add your education history
- Complete your employment history
- Select your course choices
- Write a personal statement
- Submit your application
- Get a reference, pay your application fee, and send your application
Applying For Undergraduate Course As An International Student
- Students: You can apply through our Online Application Portal. Please read the Guidance Notes to help you to fill out the form.
- Agents: if you are an agent applying on behalf of a student, then you can Apply through the Agents’ Hub. Read the Agent’s Guide.
Need help applying? International students, please contact:
International Education Office:
- International Education Centre
- Bangor University
- LL57 2DG
- +44 (0) 1248 382028
How to apply for a Research Programme
There are several different ways of applying for postgraduate courses at Bangor University. You can apply online for most of the postgraduate degree programmes. Choose the option below by clicking on the link below:
- Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG, UK
- +44 1248 351 151
To write a winning personal statement you must have a good understanding of the course and what you’ll be studying. Remember that you write only one personal statement for your five choices so make sure that the courses are similar, if not the same, and make sure that you don’t mention a specific course. Visit The official website of Bangor University For More Details.