Bournemouth University Postgraduate Application 2023/2024
Bournemouth University Postgraduate Courses Application 2023/2024
Postgraduate applicants are all invited by the management of Bournemouth University to submit their applications for the 20223/2024 academic year. At Bournemouth University, you can apply for any of the taught postgraduate courses (MA, MSc, MBA, LLM) directly through BU using myHub, the online application portal, with the exception of MA Social Work, MSc Adult Nursing, MSc Mental Health Nursing and MSc/PG Dip Physician Associate Studies, where you have to apply through the UCAS website.
Students submitting their applications through the UCAS website are to do that before the deadline which is on the 25th of January. When applying for postgraduate study as well as assessing your academic record and qualifications, admission tutors will be looking at your experience. Professional and practical experience isn’t something that can be quantified in the same way as a grade, so you need to make sure you present it clearly and explain how it relates to the course or research programme you’re applying for.
You will need to submit the required documentation as detailed in your offer letter by uploading a digital copy to myHub the official online application portal. There may be additional requests, such as Earlier qualifications/ transcripts/ proof of study, Eligibility to study in the UK and English language qualifications Employer or academic reference.
Bournemouth University Postgraduate Application Deadline 2023/2024
Prospective students are to apply before the following deadline:
- Applications for undergraduate courses starting in September 2023 are open from 6 September 2022 and
- 25 January 2023 is the deadline for applications for the majority of courses.
Note: You may be able to apply for a course after the above deadline as a new applicant and from 25 February 2023 through UCAS Extra if you applied by 25 January and have no offers. If you are eligible for UCAS Extra, UCAS will contact you with all the information you need about how to submit additional applications.
2023 Bournemouth Entry Date
- May 2023 – the UCAS application will be available for 2023 applications – please ensure you make your application using your personal email address rather than a school/college email to ensure all emails about your application get through to you.
- Early Sept 2022 – completed 2023 entry applications can be submitted to UCAS
- 25 Jan 2023 – UCAS application deadline for the majority of undergraduate courses – we will continue to accept Late applications through
- UCAS if course places are still available
- 23 Feb 2023 – UCAS Extra opens – if you have declined all your offers or have been unsuccessful with all of your choices
- 30 June 2023 – the last date to submit late 2023 applications. Any applications received after this date will be entered into the Clearing
- 5 July 2023 – Clearing opens for 2023 entry
Bournemouth Application Deadline For Deferred Entry
- BU may consider applications for deferred entry to September 2024, you need to request deferred entry once you have made your application by contacting the Admissions Team. This means you can submit your application now but won’t begin studying until the September 2024 academic year.
- If you apply for deferred entry, the conditions of any offer BU makes to you must be satisfied by 1 September 2023. In addition, any applicable fees, funding, accommodation and other terms covered in the Student Agreement will be for your year of entry (September 2024), not the year that you apply. All of this information may be subject to change, so you should consider this before you make your decision.
Postgraduate Courses Offered At The Bournemouth University
At Bournemouth University, they offer Master’s degrees in a range of subjects from Business & management, to Journalism, English & Communication and Media Production, so you’re sure to find a postgraduate degree that’s right for you:
Postgraduate Taught Courses:
Accounting, Finance & Economics:
- MSc Corporate Governance
- MSc Finance
- MSc International Accounting & Finance
- MSc International Finance & Economics
- MSc Sustainable Economic Development & Emerging Markets
Archaeology & Anthropology:
- MSc Bioarchaeology
Business & Management:
- Master of Business Administration
- MSc Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
- MSc International Management
- MSc Management with Business Analytics
- MSc Management with Human Resources
- MSc Marketing Management
- MSc Sport Management
Computer Animation & Visual Effects:
- MA 3D Computer Animation
- MA Digital Effects
- MSc Artificial Intelligence for Media
- MSc Computer Animation and Visual Effects
Computing & Informatics:
- MSc Artificial Intelligence for Media
- MSc Cyber Security & Human Factors
- MSc Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Digital Health
- MSc Digital Health & Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Information Technology
- MSc Internet of Things
- MSc Internet of Things with Cyber Security
- MSc Internet of Things with Data Analytics
Postgraduate Research Programmes:
There are various postgraduate research qualifications that BU awards across its four faculties. The list below is the list of postgraduate research courses offered:
- Master’s by Research (MRes)
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Education Creative and Media
Bournemouth University Postgraduate Application Requirements 2023/2024
- a UK Bachelor’s degree
- an equivalent professional qualification
- a relevant international qualification – check specific entry requirements on country pages.
You may need to show the necessary experience to study a specific subject – details are on individual course pages. There are also English language requirements if English is not your first language.
Entry requirements for postgraduate research degrees:
Applicants for a research degree must confirm their ability to fulfil the demands of the following programmes by presenting certified evidence as specified below:
Master by Research (MRes) and Master of Philosophy (MPhil):
- A first or upper-second-class (2:1) honours UK Bachelor’s degree or overseas equivalent in a discipline which is appropriate to the proposed research.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD):
- A first or upper second class (2:1) honours UK Bachelor’s degree or overseas equivalent in a discipline which is appropriate to the proposed research, or:
A UK Master’s degree or overseas equivalent in a discipline which is appropriate to the proposed research.
You can apply for any of the taught postgraduate courses (MA, MSc, MBA, LLM) directly through BU using myHub, the online application portal, with the exception of MA Social Work, MSc Adult Nursing, MSc Mental Health Nursing and MSc/PG Dip Physician Associate Studies, where you have to apply through the UCAS website. Follow the process below to apply for a postgraduate course:
- Go to the course page that you’re interested in and click ‘Apply now. You will then be taken to the online application portal, myHub.
- Fill out the application form by providing the necessary documents
- Submit your application by clicking on the submit button
There is no formal deadline to apply for taught postgraduate courses with us, but it is recommended that you submit your application as soon as possible. Some of the degrees have a January intake and a September intake, giving you more flexibility over when you study.
Please note: that December and January are of the busiest application periods and therefore it may take a little longer to process incoming applications. For courses with a January start date, BU recommend submitting your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. International students who require a Student Visa must apply by 14 November 2022 to be considered for January 2023 entry.
After this date, the International Admissions Team will stop accepting applications for this entry point.
Read Also: Bournemouth University Application 2023/2024
- After BU receives a fully completed application, BU will aim to make you an offer as soon as possible. Bournemouth University Postgraduate Courses requiring additional selection measures such as interviews may take a little longer.
Contact Details Of Bournemouth University
- Bournemouth University,
- Fern Barrow,
- Poole, Dorset,
- BH12 5BB,
- United Kingdom
- +44 (0)1202 524111
Entry requirements vary by course and level of study check the course pages for specific information. If English is not your first language, you’ll also need to meet our English Language Requirements. If you have any questions about your qualifications, please contact our International Admissions Team. Visit The Official Website Of BU For More Details.