Bournemouth University Undergraduate Application 2023/2024
Bournemouth University Undergraduate Application 2023/2024
Applications for the 2023/2024 academic season at Bournemouth University are currently open to prospective applicants applying for undergraduate courses. Undergraduate courses can be applied through the UCAS application platform. The application deadline to submit your application through UCAS for the 2023 academic year s on the 25th of January.
To study with Bournemouth University for the 2023 academic year at the undergraduate level, there are certain criteria you will need to meet. Each course has its own entry requirements, so check the course pages. On the course page, applicants will see the overall UCAS Tariff points required for the course as well as details on how to achieve the points; for example from three A-levels or equivalent, along with GCSE requirements.
If you are an international applicant and English is not your first language, you will have to provide evidence that you have been assessed in all four components of English (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to the required standard for your degree course. As a general rule, to be accepted onto any Bachelor’s or Master’s programme, you will need to have achieved a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 6.0 overall, with no less than 5.5 in each component you are applying for a foundational degree, BU will assess your academic qualifications, as well as your previous life and work experience.
Bournemouth University Undergraduate Application Deadline 2023/2024
- Applications for undergraduate courses starting in September 2023 are open from 6 September 2022 and
- 25 January 2023 is the deadline for applications for the majority of courses.
Note: You may be able to apply for a course after the above deadline as a new applicant and from 25 February 2023 through UCAS Extra if you applied by 25 January and have no offers. If you are eligible for UCAS Extra, UCAS will contact you with all the information you need about how to submit additional applications.
2023 Bournemouth Entry Date
- May 2023 – the UCAS application will be available for 2023 applications – please ensure you make your application using your personal email address rather than a school/college email to ensure all emails about your application get through to you.
- Early Sept 2022 – completed 2023 entry applications can be submitted to UCAS
- 25 Jan 2023 – UCAS application deadline for the majority of undergraduate courses – we will continue to accept Late applications through
- UCAS if course places are still available
- 23 Feb 2023 – UCAS Extra opens – if you have declined all your offers or have been unsuccessful with all of your choices
- 30 June 2023 – the last date to submit late 2023 applications. Any applications received after this date will be entered into the Clearing
- 5 July 2023 – Clearing opens for 2023 entry
Bournemouth Application Deadline For Deferred Entry
- BU may consider applications for deferred entry to September 2024, you need to request deferred entry once you have made your application by contacting the Admissions Team. This means you can submit your application now but won’t begin studying until the September 2024 academic year.
- If you apply for deferred entry, the conditions of any offer BU makes to you must be satisfied by 1 September 2023. In addition, any applicable fees, funding, accommodation and other terms covered in the Student Agreement will be for your year of entry (September 2024), not the year that you apply. All of this information may be subject to change, so you should consider this before you make your decision.
University is all about the course you study and so much more. Every student will want a degree experience that introduces them to lifelong friends and prepares them for work through work placements and work-based learning. Below is the list of undergraduate courses offered at Bournemouth University:
Accounting, Finance & Economics:
- BA (Hons) Accounting (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Finance (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) International Finance (Top-up)
- BA (Hons) Politics & Economics (with Foundation Year option)
- BSc (Hons) Economics (with Foundation Year option)
Archaeology & Anthropology:
- BA (Hons) Archaeology
BA (Hons) Archaeology and Anthropology
BSc (Hons) Anthropology
BSc (Hons) Archaeological, Anthropological and Forensic Sciences
BSc (Hons) Archaeology
Business & Management:
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Economics) (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Entrepreneurship) (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Finance) (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Global Operations) (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (HRM) (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Marketing) (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Project Management) (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (Retail Management) (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business & Management (with Foundation Year option)
- BA (Hons) Business and Management (Top-up)
- BA (Hons) Global Business Management (Online) (Top-up)
- BA (Hons) International Business & Management (with Foundation Year option
Bournemouth University Undergraduate Application Requirements 2023/2024
To study with BU at the undergraduate level, there are certain criteria you will need to meet. Each course has its own entry requirements. For students applying to study an undergraduate course in September 2023, for each A grade that you get at A-level, you’ll be awarded 48 UCAS tariff points (equivalent to PPP at BTEC Extended Diploma), and for every B grade, you get 40 points (and so on). Below are the entry requirements for undergraduate students:
Entry requirements for UK students:
As well as accepting AS and A-levels, there is a range of qualifications we accept for entry into BU undergraduate courses. Specific entry requirements are listed on each individual course page.
- BU requires a minimum of two A-levels (or equivalent) for entry onto a Bachelor’s degree.
- All courses also require applicants to have at least a grade of C/4 in GCSE English and Mathematics.
- BU also accept English and Maths qualifications equivalent to GCSE, such as Level 2 Functional Skills.
They also accept a wide range of qualifications, including the Access to
- HE Diploma,
- BTEC Qualifications,
- Cambridge Technical Qualifications,
- the International Baccalaureate,
- NVQs and Apprenticeships.
This list is not exhaustive and BU always advises making an application so that they can assess your qualifications fully, even if it’s not listed.
Entry requirements for International students:
If English is not your first language, you will have to provide evidence that you have been assessed in all four components of English (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to the required standard for your degree course. As a general rule, to be accepted onto any Bachelor’s or Master’s programme, you will need to have achieved a minimum of IELTS (Academic) 6.0 overall, with no less than 5.5 in each component. Our English Language Comparison Scores page provides comparison tables.
BU accepts a wide range of international qualifications for study in undergraduate courses. In the UK, Bournemouth University primarily uses the UCAS Tariff to display the entry requirements for specific courses.
Among the qualifications that we accept are:
- Access courses – If you have completed an appropriate access course, we’ll consider it as long as it relates to your chosen programme of study at the undergraduate level.
- BU International College Foundation Certificate programme – These programmes are designed to help you succeed in your chosen course at BU.
- Cambridge Pre-U Diploma
- European Baccalaureate
- High School leaving examinations – We will consider any High School leaving examinations that are considered to be the equivalent to A-level examinations in the UK.
- International Baccalaureate – We are happy to consider students studying for the International Diploma as part of the International Baccalaureate (IB). On each course page the minimum IB points required, as well as any subject-specific requirements, will be displayed. Please note that you will need to achieve the IB scores stated in your offer, as we don’t accept equivalent UCAS Tariff points for these qualifications.
- Irish Leaving Certificate – Usually you’ll need to achieve seven passes, including four at the higher level with a grade of C or above.
- Junior College Diploma.
Bournemouth University also requires the following qualifications for entry onto one of its undergraduate Top-up degrees (equivalent to the final-year entry):
- Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of 240 UK HE credits
- A two-year Foundation degree with a minimum of 240 UK HE credits
- Two years of university-level study with a minimum of 120 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits, or equivalent.
Bournemouth University Undergraduate Application Process 2023/2024
Follow the guide below to apply for an undergraduate course as a UK, CI or ROI student:
Submit You Application:
- If you are a UK, CI or ROI student applying for a full-time undergraduate degree, you will need to submit your application through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admission Service). UCAS processes all UK university applications and will send your application to your chosen universities who will consider your academic and personal profile before making you an offer. This also applies to our Top-up degrees.
Chooses Your Course:
- BU recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible once you’ve decided what course you are interested in studying. UCAS got some great tips on applying for university on its student blog and has put together some advice on writing your personal statement. To ensure all emails regarding your application and belonging at BU get through to you, please use your personal email address rather than your school/college one when making your UCAS application.
Upload All The Needed Documents:
- Make sure you have the correct UCAS codes for the courses you’re interested in, as well as the right institution codes when you fill in your application. The institution code is B50. If you are applying for a course run by one of the partner colleges, you will need to add the relevant campus code to your application, which can be found on each partner college’s website.
Note: If you have any additional learning needs or a disability it’s a good idea to get in touch with us when you’re submitting your application to find out what additional learning support we can provide and how you can access this support.
Application Process For Undergraduate International Students:
- If you are applying for a full-time undergraduate course (including Top-up degrees) you will need to submit your application through the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admission Service) website. We have an International Admissions Team who can assist you with your application if you need any help. They can also keep you up to date on the status of your application – or you can use UCAS Hub to see how your application is progressing.
- Make sure you have the correct UCAS codes for the courses you’re interested in, as well as the right institution codes when you fill in your application. Our institution code is B50. If you are applying for a course run by one of our partner colleges, you will need to add the relevant campus code to your application, which can be found on each partner college’s website.
Contact Details Of Bournemouth University
- Bournemouth University,
- Fern Barrow,
- Poole, Dorset,
- BH12 5BB,
- United Kingdom
- +44 (0)1202 524111
Once you have submitted your application through UCAS, they will begin to process your application. If they require any additional information they will contact you directly. Once your application has been processed, they can begin assessing and considering it against the specific entry requirements for the course you’ve applied for. Visit The Official Website Of Bournethmouth University For More Information.