University Of Birmingham Postgraduate Application 2023/2024
University of Birmingham Postgraduate Courses Application 2023/2024
Applications for postgraduate courses at the University of Birmingham are done directly to the institution by using the postgraduate course finder. Applicants are to create a unique with the University and submit their application and supporting documents online. For entry in September 2023, the application deadline for most courses is Wednesday 25 January 2023; for Medicine and Dentistry, the deadline is 15 October 2022.
To gain a place at Birmingham you will need to meet the general entry requirements and the specific entry requirements of your chosen course. Your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Tutor for your course, who will decide whether your application should receive an offer. Specific entrance requirements for individual courses can be found on individual course listings in our course finder. Entry to our postgraduate programmes usually requires a good Honours degree, or equivalent if you were educated outside the UK.
Your application to postgraduate courses is specifically designed for the programme you choose to apply for and it is sensitive to the answers you provide as you proceed through the application. Looking to apply for a research programme? You can view more advice and detail on applying for a research programme in our application support section.
University of Birmingham Postgraduate Application Dates 2023/2024
- The application deadline for postgraduate courses is in July
- The application deadline for Medicine and Dentistry is 15 October 2022.
- The deadline for International students (VISA requiring) to apply is 1st July 2022.
- The deadline for UK students to apply is 31st August 2022.
University Of Birmingham Semester Application Dates
- 18 September 2023 – 19 January 2024
- 29 January 2024 – 21 June 2024
Postgraduate Courses Offered At The University Of Birmingham
The following are the postgraduate taught and research courses offered at the university of Birmingham:
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Masters/MSc/PGDip
- Advanced Chemical Engineering with Energy Masters/MSc/PGDip
- Advanced Chemical Engineering with Formulation Masters/MSc/PGDip
- Advanced Chemical Engineering with Healthcare Technology Masters/MSc/PGDip
- Advanced Clinical Practice MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- Advanced Computer Science Masters/MSc
- Advanced Critical Care Practitioner (ACCP) – Postgraduate Diploma
- Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy MSc/Postgraduate Diploma
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering Masters/MSc
- Advanced Practice in Healthcare MSc/PGDip/PGCert
- African Studies PhD/MA by Research (On-Campus or by Distance Learning)
- Air Pollution Management and Control MSc/Diploma
- Anaesthesia Associate Postgraduate Diploma
- Applied Data Science for Learning Environments
- Applied Educational and Child Psychology Doctorate (App Ed and Child Psy D)
- Applied Health Research – PhD/MSc by Research
Click Here For The Full List Of postgraduate courses Offered At the University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham Postgraduate Application Requirements 2023/2024
Postgraduate Taught Entry Requirements
- Specific entrance requirements for individual courses can be found on individual course listings. Entry to postgraduate programmes usually requires a good Honours degree, or equivalent if you were educated outside the UK.
- Any academic and professional qualifications or industrial experience you may have are normally taken into account, and in some cases form an integral part of the entrance requirement.
- Be aware that entry into many programmes is highly competitive; consequently, we also consider the skills, attributes, motivation and potential for success of an individual when deciding whether to make an offer.
Postgraduate Research Entry Requirements
To gain admission to a research degree programme (with the exception of the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine (MD)) an applicant must comply with the following entry requirements:
- Attainment of an Honours degree (normally a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant subject awarded by an approved university, or
- Attainment of an alternative qualification or qualifications and/or evidence of experience judged by the University as indicative of an applicant’s potential for research and as satisfactory for the purpose of entry to a research degree programme.
- Admission and registration for a research degree programme may be conditional on satisfactory completion of preliminary study, which may include assessment.
- In some cases, you will also need to have completed a Masters’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
- Entry onto many programmes is highly competitive, therefore we consider the skills, attributes, motivation and potential for success of an individual when deciding whether to make an offer.
- Specific entry requirements are given for each programme. Any academic and professional qualifications or industrial experience you may have are normally taken into account, and in some cases form an integral part of the entrance requirements. If your qualifications are non-standard or different from the entry requirements stated in the online prospectus, please contact the relevant school or department to discuss whether your application would be considered.
- After we have received your application you may, if you live in the UK, be invited for an interview or to visit us to discuss your application.
Your application is specifically designed for the programme you have applied for via course finder. It is sensitive to the answers you provide as you proceed through the application.:
- Search for the course you wish to apply for using course finder. Once you have selected the course please click on the ‘Apply Now buttons until you reach the application form where you will be asked to Log in or Create a new user.
- If you have an existing account your username is your email address or applicant ID number. You can click on the forgotten password link to reset your password.
- If you are new to the Application system please click on New User to create your New User Details.
- You do not have to complete your application in one session. You will be sent an email containing a secure link to enable you to complete your application at a future date should you so choose.
- You will be able to save your application at any point in the process and return to it when you are ready to continue.
Please note that your application will not be processed until all the relevant sections have been completed and your application has been submitted.
Throughout your application, you will be given the opportunity to upload scanned documents in support of your application.
Please note that a decision on your application may be delayed if the relevant supporting documents are not received.
The following information will usually be needed before a decision can be made on your application:
- Academic reference(s)
- Degree transcripts (interim* transcripts);
- English language test certificate (if appropriate);
- Research proposal (if appropriate).
A transcript of your degree progress and achievement to date. You may also be required to submit further documents.
Completing the application form
The application form is divided into the following sections, which will be tailored to the application route you are applying for:
- Provide your Personal details
- Additional personal information
- Provide Your Contact details
- Education(Scanned transcripts and certificates need to be uploaded)
- Professional/work experience
- Write Your Personal Statement
- Research details
- Application information
- Submit Your Application
University of Birmingham Application 2023/2024 For International Applicants 2023
Applications for undergraduate programmes in the UK are made through an organisation called the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). Prospective students make their applications online and UCAS forward the application to the relevant universities on the student’s behalf.
You are able to apply via UCAS from the September previous to the year that you want to start. Please visit the UCAS website for more detailed information or find out how to apply on our undergraduate pages.
Postgraduate applications are made directly to the University. Some programmes may charge an application fee and you can find out more on our Postgraduate Taught courses.
Contact the University of Birmingham
- Birmingham B15
- 2TT United Kingdom
- Tel: +44 (0)121 414 3344
Applicants must be aware that entry into many programmes is highly competitive, consequently, Birmingham University also considers the skills, attributes, motivation and potential for success of an individual when deciding whether to make an offer. After the university has received your application you may, if you live in the UK, be invited for an interview or to visit to discuss your application. For more information on how to apply as a postgraduate applicant, visit the official application site of the University Of Birmingham.