University of Aberdeen Application 2023/2024
University of Aberdeen Undergraduate Application 2023/2024
If you are applying for the University of Aberdeen for the 2023-2024 academic year to pursue your career in any other degree apart from Medicine and Dentistry, the deadline for the submission of applications is 6 pm (UK time) on the last Wednesday in January. Whether you are a freshman applicant, a returning student, a transfer or an international applicant, the University is currently accepting you provided you meet the admission requirements and your grades and APS scores are to the standard of the University.
After that the University of Aberdeen admission team receives your application, it goes through an assessment process, and then the status of your application will be mailed to you via the email address you provided during the application process. Should you be anxious to know the progress of your application, applicants can use your UCAS Hub Account to keep up to date with the progress of your application and reply to your offers.
Applications for full-time undergraduate degree programmes at Aberdeen are made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). You apply online to UCAS and can ask your schools or college for advice and guidance.
University of Aberdeen Application Deadline For 2023/2024
The application deadline for Aberdeen University for the 2023-2024 academic year may differ depending on whether you are applying for an undergraduate program or a postgraduate program. Below is the application deadline for Aberdeen University 2023:
Application Deadline For Undergraduate Programs:
- Medicine and Dentistry is 6 pm (UK time) on 15 October.
- For all other degrees, the application deadline is 6 pm (UK time) on the last Wednesday in January
Application Deadline For Postgraduate Programs:
Applicants requiring a Student Visa – application deadline
- The final deadline for the submission of applications from non-UK applicants looking to join 2023 admission is Friday 21 October 2022.
- The final date for Required Documents Submission is Wednesday 16 November 2022.
Applicants not requiring a Student Visa – application deadline
- The application deadline for applicants not requiring a Student Visa for a part-time and full-time postgraduate taught degrees starting in January 2023 will be on Monday 5 December 2022.
- The final date to upload the required documents is Monday 19 December 2022.
- Lectures for 2023 begin on Monday 23 January 2023.
Courses And Programs Offered At The Aberdeen University
The following are the Undergraduate degree programs offered at the University of Aberdeen for 2023:
- Accountancy and Business Management
- Accountancy and Economics
- Accountancy and Finance
- Accountancy and French
- Accountancy and Legal Studies
- Animal Behaviour
- Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- Anthropology and English
- Anthropology and Film & Visual Culture
- Anthropology and French
- Anthropology and French (5 years)
- Anthropology and Gaelic Studies
- Anthropology and Geography
- Anthropology and German
- Anthropology and German (5 years)
- Anthropology and History
- Anthropology and International Relations
- Anthropology and Philosophy
- Anthropology and Politics
- Anthropology and Psychology
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Anthropology and Spanish & Latin American Studies
Click HERE for the full list of courses.
- Accounting and Finance MScEcon
- Advanced Chemical Engineering
- Advanced Clinical Practice
- Advanced Energy Materials – Energy Generation and Storage Technology
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Restorative Dental Practice
- Advanced Structural Engineering
- Analytical Chemistry
- Applied Anatomy (Musculoskeletal System)
- Applied Health Sciences
- Applied Marine and Fisheries Ecology
- Archaeology of the North
- Artificial Intelligence
- Autism & Learning
- Bioarchaeological Science
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomolecular Archaeology
- Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Business Consulting and Psychology
- Business Law and Sustainable Development with Dissertation
- Cardiovascular Science and Diabetes
- Christianity and the Visual Arts
- Christianity and the Visual Arts (Online)
- Clinical Education
University of Aberdeen Application Requirements For 2023/2024
Application requirement varies depending on the course or programs an applicant is applying for:
General Entry Requirements:
- National 5 at minimum grade C, or Standard Grade at minimum grade 3 in English (or equivalent)
- National 5 Mathematics (or Applications of Mathematics) needed for entry to Accountancy, Finance and Economics
- Standard: AABB. Applicants who achieve AABB or better over S4 and S5 are likely to be made an offer of admission. This may be unconditional or it may be conditional, dependent upon academic profile. Good performance in additional Highers / Advanced Highers may be required.
- Minimum: BBB. Applicants who achieve the minimum of BBB over S4 and S5 are encouraged to apply and may be made a conditional offer. Good performance in additional Highers / Advanced Highers will normally be required.
- Adjusted: BB. Applicants who achieve BB over S4 and S5, and who meet one or more Widening Access criteria, may be made a conditional offer. Good performance in additional Highers / Advanced Highers will be required.
Click Here For The Entry Requirements For the University of Aberdeen 2023
University of Aberdeen Application Process 2023/2024
The process below will guide all undergraduate applicants applying for Aberdeen university for 2023:
- Check out the wide range of programmes on offer at the University of Aberdeen for 2023. Remember to check the entry requirements and the application process, so you know exactly what is required to apply for this programme.
Register with UCAS and complete your application
- Applications for full-time undergraduate degree programmes at Aberdeen are made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). You apply online to UCAS and can ask your schools or college for advice and guidance.
Accept Your Aberdeen University Offer
- Aberdeen University will be in touch with you, in most cases soon after the application deadline, to tell you if you have been made an offer (conditional or unconditional) or been unsuccessful. If you are invited to interview, this will precede any offer of admission.
- Make the University of Aberdeen your “Firm” choice and get ready to join the Aberdeen family! You will receive further information about becoming a student and starting your studies with us throughout the summer.
Postgraduate Applicants Application Process:
Applying for postgraduate programmes at the University of Aberdeen is very easy and simple. All of the postgraduate programmes can be applied for and managed online through the University’s Applicant Portal.
With the exception of the PGDE programme which has a separate application process at Aberdeen University, all applications should be made through the main Undergraduate UCAS scheme and not through Teacher Training. Applications to professional undergraduate programmes should be made using a paper application form.
Follow the process below to apply to postgraduate programs at Aberdeen University:
How to Complete the Application Form:
- Create an account and apply via the Postgraduate Applicant Portal.
- No application fee for postgraduate taught or research applications.
- Gather your documents and write your personal statement before starting your application, you have 30 days in which to complete it before submitting it. There is an option for you to request an extension within the Applicant Portal but only after the first 28 days have passed.
- Official transcript: If you have graduated, this should be a copy of your final transcript. If you haven’t finished your degree yet, please upload a copy of your transcript to date. We accept scanned copies of the official transcript issued by your current or former university. If the transcript is not in English, please upload a scanned copy of the transcript in the original language with an official translation in English.
- Personal Statement: Aberdeen suggests that you prepare the personal statement before you start the application. As a guide, the University would recommend that you write between 250 to 500. Undergraduate Application
- Provide Final official transcript or degree certificate: Aberdeen University can only accept a copy of the final official transcript or degree certificate, which confirms the degree has been achieved in the original language and with an official English language translation. You can upload these after you have submitted the application form.
- References: References may be required for some postgraduate programmes. These may be academic references or professional, employer references. If references are required, this will be noted in the Entry Requirements section of the prospectus entry for your programme.
- Previous UK Study (PUK): If you are an International Student who has previously undertaken or is currently undertaking any period or type of study in the UK please upload copies of your UK Visas and/or Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) and admission/CAS letters to your Applicant Portal.
- Visa Refusal: If you have previously submitted a UK visa application which was unsuccessful please upload a copy of the refusal letter to your Applicant Portal. For any other questions about the application process, please contact Postgraduate Admissions or the School of Education for queries relating to their specific programmes.
What happens After The Postgraduate Application Process
- After submitting your application, you will receive an email acknowledgement from the University. Your application will be reviewed by an Admissions Co-Ordinator and an Admissions Officer.
- Aberdeen will contact you if additional information or documentation is required before a decision can be reached. Additional documents would need to be uploaded onto the Applicant Portal.
- The University will let you know the outcome of your application by e-mail however you can check the status of your application at any time in the Applicant Portal.
- Aberdeen University will always communicate with you using the e-mail address which is linked to your application, if you change your e-mail address please ensure you update your e-mail address in the Applicant Portal.
Accepting the Offer
- Information about what to do next can be found in the Offer Holder Information section of our website.
Contact Us University of Aberdeen
- University of Aberdeen
- King’s College,
- AB24 3FX
- Tel: +44 (0)1224 272000
Hope the information given above has been useful to you, please kindly leave your suggestions in the comments section below the post. Better still you can visit the official website of Aberdeen University For More Details.
Other Related Posts: